PDC2020 camera ready submissions Vol 1 and Vol 2
PDC2020 Instructions to prepare your camera ready version:
The PDC simplified template CAN NO LONGER BE USED.
Please note that the ACM template and macro are complex and require time and patience to work with, do not leave this for the last moment. You must convert your accepted PDC paper following ACM guides, if you do not provide the file -in the right format- your paper/contribution will not be published in the proceedings (nor it will be available in the ACM digital library).
Here we provide some guide specific to PDC, this are based on ACM instructions, considering the fact that our review process started with a different template (sorry for the trouble!):
1) Please note that the new master ACM template you will need to download has only one column while formating (however the final PDF you get at the end of the process will have again two columns, but you wont see this in real time). This means that while transitioning to this new template it will be more useful to look at word count limit (not page limit). As guidance when converting, keep in mind the following word-count limits for your contribution:
- Full papers (aprox) 8500 words (plus references) with an estimated number of figures of 3-5, if you have less images you might afford more words .
- Exploratory papers (aprox) 4500 -5000 words (plus references), with an estimated number of figures of 3-5, if you have less images you might afford a bitmore words.
- Workshops (aprox) 3000 with references, with an estimated number of figures of 1-3
If your reviewed accepted paper was well with in limits with the old simplified PDC template it is most likely going to be ok. If you where having trouble to fit in the 10 page or 4 page limit with that template you definitively need to adjust your text and keep an eye on the word count.
2) Keep an eye on email from ACM. ACM has an automated rights management form collection system for ACM published proceedings. Accepted authors will be sent instructions to fill ACM rights management form. After completing your rights management form, ACM will email you the correct rights text and bibliographic strip to place within the paper. You must enter the text into the paper. It is very important that you clear the righst very soon after to receive the email!
NOTE: As rights management emails are sent from an automated system, there is a chance that emails sent will end up in SPAM folders. Please make sure to set email SPAM settings to allow emails from «firstname.lastname@example.org»
3) Download the final ACM Master Article Template – Microsoft Word from the ACM site. Please choose the correct template version based on your platform:
Windows https://portalparts.acm.org/hippo/enhanced_word_templates/Windows/windows.zip and save the .zip file to your local machine.
Open the zip file and save the template file to your machine. Follow these instructions: https://www.acm.org/binaries/content/assets/publications/taps/acm_master_article_template_instructions.pdf to attach the ACM Article macro template styles (do not use your double column paper anymore!)
ACM provides a Video for how to add the default styles in word we recomend you look at it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=46&v=sUGEoPaXRKQ&feature=emb_title
NOTE: If you have never worked with ACM templates it is probably easier if you FIRST convert your 2 column paper into this simplified acm_submission_template AND THEN attached the macros and styles of the master ACM template.